25.4.12

Hello

The first thing I want to make clear is that while I obsessively engage in thoughts about “reality”, this is not all about what you may call "philosophy". Yes, what I think about every day, all the time, it’s most certainly “philosophical”, but in the sense that it will have little practical (“practical”, if you will) relevance to what you’d call “real life”. But I have absolutely no interest in raising “philosophical arguments” (in the academic sense, I guess) - to try and “prove” the validity or soundness of any given idea that happens to appear in my mind.

Arguments based on “definition” and “logic” as a way of interpreting “meaning” are a waste of time, and become either a debate of definition, which is just a problem of language, or circular at best (although there is most certainly nothing wrong with circular logic). I have no interest in perspectives that attempt to answer my questions on different, less than fundamental levels altogether due to differences in definition and interpretation. What I want is questions, not answers! Answers entail no understanding at all, they’re just clever (but uninformed) ways of avoiding the real questions, the real understanding, which is to not. You have the freedom to completely agree or disagree with me and/or think and/or believe that what I write is entirely ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment